In a healthy person the oral microflora is stable and diverse, and consists mainly of beneficial bacteria. Our modern lifestyle, however, has caused an ecological catastrophe in our mouths, referred to as dysbiosis. New research suggest that the diversity of oral bacteria decreased dramatically when processed sugar and flour became widely available owing to the industrial revolution. Restoring these reduced numbers of beneficial bacteria via probiotics might be of considerable benefit, it surely will not harm. Not only does it this toothpaste thoroughly clean your teeth, but it also helps to detoxify your mouth.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Bentonite Clay
- 2 capsules of Optibac Probiotic
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 tsp of xylitol
- 1 tbsp activated charcoal (optional)
- 1 tsp Food Grade Diatomaceous earth (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together
- Put into a sealed glass container
- Brush teeth for 2 minutes 2 x daily
Worth noting, you only need a little amount of this paste when brushing. It is not advisable to spit it down the sink either. Instead spit into a tissue and pop in the bin.