Your privacy is critically important to us. At the Cultured Club, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What This Policy Covers
- All users and guests using the website.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect this information from three sources: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, for purchases or accounts to use certain services or access parts of the site.
- Public profile information: If you have an account with us, we may collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, within an online course, a booking for a workshop or a forum.
- Payment and contact information: If you buy something from us , we’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you. Things such as products, services or courses
- Content information: You might provide us with information about you in draft and published content (a blog post or comment that includes biographic information about you, or any media or files yo upload).
- Communications with us: You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys, use the contact form a question or booking, post a question in our public forums, or sign up for a newsletter like the one we send through Mailchimp. When you communicate with us via form, email, phone, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications.
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log information: Like most online service providers, we may collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services — for example, when placing an order. Or for security purposes (some IPs get blocked and stored).
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, placing a booking or making a payment.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by running a server security program for safe browsing.
- To place and manage ads in our advertising program. For example, to place ads as part of our advertising program, and understand ad performance.
- To market our Services and measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing. For example, by targeting our marketing messages to groups of our users (like those who have a particular plan with us or have been users for a certain length of time), advertising our Services, analysing the results of our marketing campaigns (like how many people purchased a paid plan after receiving a marketing message), and understanding and forecasting user retention.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of the Cultured Club and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To customise the user experience.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our services, or keep you up to date on what happening here.
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we’re not legally required to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor for security purposes and their login attempts for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyse traffic and investigate issues if something goes wrong on othe website.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information.
- Limit access to information on your mobile device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the option to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you choose to limit this, you may not be able to use certain features.
- Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: the Cultured Club responds to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can also usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using this website, with the drawback that certain features of may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close your account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, you can close your account if you no longer want to use our Services. Please get in touch via contact form for this.
We allow your the ability to log in for comments using your Social media profiles such as Facebook and Google. These services work under the policies of the respective companies. No data is stored on this website relating to your login information other than a token to confirm authentification and any information you put into the comment.
We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Please contact us by email by clicking here contact page
That’s it! Thanks for reading.
Created and updated 10 March 2022